9/30/10

Serendipity.

Yesterday I was in the public library writing away when I ran into someone. She asked me about the chance of helping her. She is French Canadian and is writing a Feasibility Study for a Bookkeeping business that she would like to start. Some funding options would open for her if she does well on her feasibility study. Because she is still learning English, she would like me to do some proof reading and editing of the document, and she's willing to pay. It's really exciting because I would love to begin really working with the written word. Obviously I have a job to go back to after my maternity leave, so I think I've found myself a part-time job to have on the side :D

In any case, because she would be a business client I would be able to put that work on my resume for future reference. :D Yay!

Lately I've been making more and more contacts abroad. I've been going to Mother Goose program and I'm a part of a program called Mothering your Baby. Both are excellent programs funded by the United Way, and it's been great to be able to run into other moms. At the grocery store on Wednesday I ran into a mom who I took prenatal classes with. It felt great to catch up and find someone with similar daily issues and interests.

Right now I am in a great state of mind. So, that's it for now! :D Gotta get writing!

No comments: