11/25/10

Okay, maybe to you...

I woke up this morning at 6:30. It is now 7:25 and the majority of things I wanted to get done are done. It's a great morning because I have a ton of things to do today that include interviewing someone for an article I'm working on and a Doctor's appointment, and I actually feel kind of ready.

I woke at 6:30 because we have to be out the door by 8 when my husband has to be at work. My husband works at 8:30, but he only wakes up at quarter after 7...if not 7:30. So, if I lay in bed waiting for him to wake me, or to wake at the same time as him, I barely have time to get dressed and do my hair let alone get my daughter ready to go out the door.

I have to concede that my husband has been very supportive of the days that I need the car. On days where I do, and I know my daughter and I need more sleep--he's even taken the bus so that we don't have to go to sleep. Because let's face it-- the baby only falls asleep at midnight! So, by 7 o'clock she hasn't gotten nearly enough sleep for a baby her age!

Well, like I said; I woke this morning at 6:30am. I thought it was going to be hard, and when the alarm went off I really didn't want to get out of bed. But, I found myself fully alert and unable to comfortably keep my eyes closed for any length of time. By 6:33 I was out of bed and ready to tackle the frigid air of a winter settled home after a long night!

Now I'm thinking... What ever happened to my idea of getting up early to write? In the past I've wanted to but found no conviction to get up, or rather, no energy.

Perhaps it's because of those long nights that add up after a week. Or perhaps it's my need to have "restful" time alone without baby. Well, whatever it is... it's been hard. Because maybe to some of you 6:30 isn't early, but to a Mom with a Baby... it's the middle of the night.

No comments: