3/31/11

Another Rejection Slip

Sigh...

Sigh...

Yes.  My husband walked in the door today with mail from our mail box.  One large manilla envelope with my own writing on it from New Jersey.  A SAE with an international reply coupon.  It was a little crushing.  Why?  Two weeks ago I'd gotten a little postcard from the same publishing house that read, "We've received your manuscript, you will hear from us soon."  I took that to mean a positive reply or at least one that warranted a comment.  Instead I got the formularic letter... the one that ambiguously says something along the lines of, "we can't say if your manuscript is good, because we're so busy; but, you could send it elsewhere, and we think that the quality could be outstanding but we just can't comment." 

PROFANITY!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm good again.

Sigh...

Well.  The worst part of this entire thing is that this is a tiny manuscript for a picture/board book for children.  This isn't even my main project.  This is a project I wrote while I was deliriously hormonal while pregnant.  I think I'll continue to try submitting it... Maybe I'll tweak it a bit, perhaps someone out there would be willing to give feedback?

But, I must say this:  The reply was quick.  One month from submission...

2 comments:

yukondude said...

I've heard tell that persistence is just as important a quality in a writer as talent, perhaps even more so. Stick to it.

On a not-unrelated topic, have you ever considered self-publishing directly to an eBook format? I'd love to hear your opinion on that whole topic, perhaps in a new blog post...

Val said...

I have always dreamed of being an editor AND I have access to a toddler and an infant. Send me your manuscript. toddler & I will read together and send you comments, if you like.