9/15/11

Creation is done... Editing to commence...

Well, my novel is finished-the writing phase at least.  I am pretty proud that I got it done because getting the story out in the first place is where I have the hardest part with follow-through.  Right now I am in the midst of the "settling period" between when you finish the creation phase and begin editing...

I really enjoy editing because I go back and look at the writing that somehow flowed out of my consciousness and became this huge work.  Now, as I edit I have to go back and wonder where my brain was and why some things don't make sense.  I also marvel at how neat it is to go back and see something and remember Oh yeah, I wanted to flesh that out yet I didn't because something else came up either in the process of writing or in the story.  It's neat...

I like to think of God as a great editor.  He created this world (if you believe that) and had a couple of phases where things got edited out-think dinosaurs.  But for the most part his creation is self-editing isn't it?  Clever guy...  Now on to the hard part.  I find that I complained a lot about my procrastination so I thought it worth noting that the scene that I struggled with for the better part of four to six months didn't best me... It's completed and probably 60% of it will change, but for now I completed a 80 000 word draft...

Whew.

No comments: