1/21/12

Anthem- Video Sequencing & Ideas

About two weeks ago tow of my closest friends had birthdays and during one of those celebrations we hung out with people I don't know but grew to adore! During this time we watched music videos from YouTube and viewed some of the year's funniest videos. Of course someone had to show the LMFAO's Sexy and I know it video and I was never super enthused about the song or video. Reason?

My husband came home from a poker game and he decided to set it up right before the... "Hammock swinging" scene. (Just to keep this post PG) I'd not yet heard the song and that alone clenched my ears... I was pretty grossed out, but since we were already on the topic of the music group LMFAO another party-goer said, let me put in another one. You'll love it!

They entered the music video for "Party Rock Anthem," by the same artists featuring two others.

I had to say that the writer for the video sequencing and story was excellent. The video, although musical, was well written and the content changed just often enough to keep the viewer intrigued. Besides the overall humor, I found that little bits were hidden here and there and my reaction was to share it with others just like the other party-goer did with us, it was infectious. The ideas posed in this video were funny but also engaging with their demographic audience. Zombies!

There are opportunities for writers everywhere and typically ideas come from a story that creatives view within their mind's eye. Short story and novel ideas often come to me this way. I listen to a song, see breath-taking view or imagine a what-if? and begin to imagine the answers to those questions such as who would have lived in this beautiful landscape, who is singing this song and why? My stories seem to be richer when I write these as I'm connecting with an emotional chord that the view, song or question asks.

In this moment creativity has to have an outlet... Keep your writer's pad with you whenever, you never know when an idea will come barreling down at you.

No comments: