6/13/12

Digital Interview with Kara Went

Name:  Kara Went
Blog Title:  The Adventures of Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan in Faro, Yukon
Blog URL:  http://wenttofaro.blogspot.com
Subject of Blog: Family life in the Yukon


1) What is your blog about?
  My blog is about anything and everything
that our family does (crazy things our children do, my crafting, weight
loss surgery, life in Faro).  I have never kept a journal or baby books,
but I have been blogging for nearly six years and it is a great way to
keep track of our lives.  I have my blog printed out each year into a
book for us to keep.

2) Why did you choose to blog about this? 
I originally started blogging
when we lived in Kugluktuk, Nunavut and wanted to share what life was
like in the Arctic.  But as we had kids the focus of the blog changed.

3) What got you into blogging, or, what made you start blogging?
  It
started with reading a few blogs from other folks living in Nunavut and
found it a rather addicting hobby!

4) What have you learned thus far? 
That it is a fantastic way to make
connections with people!  When we decided to move south to the Yukon,
the first thing I did was start reading blogs written by Yukoners.
Those blogs give a much better idea about what life is really like here.

5) Is there something unique about living in the north and blogging?

Blogging in the north is fantastic!  You actually run into people that
write blogs you read or you get stopped by someone on the street who
reads your own blog.  It definitely has the feeling of community!

6) Who do you think you're writing to/posting to, when you write your
blog?
  Usually family and friends, but I get between 150 and 200 readers
whenever I post, so I know a lot of strangers read too!

7) What would be the ultimate compliment that someone could give you
after they read your blog? 
That it made them laugh!

8) What are your recommendations to new bloggers? 
Blog often!

9) What does the future have in store for you?
  Hopefully more blogging
about my crafting and weight loss!

No comments: