9/13/12

Wattpad vs Smashwords: no competition currently.

In the last 24 hours, I have posted two Wattpad stories and two stories on Smashwords. Smashwords is in the lead.

I'm pretty stoked for both, but so far I'm not impressed with the writing I've found on Wattpad. Some is alright and even good, but even some stories that have been voted to a high level have horrible grammar, no plot, loads of cliches and the manners of some of the users are ridiculous.

I'm not sure I'll stay on Wattpad for long, but it'd be interesting to see how it goes.

On another note, my Smashwords experience has been interesting so far. I have published two pieces. One is the first chapter of my novel to act as a teaser, and the other is the first erotica piece I've ever written. To be honest, I wrote it because a magazine I was following wanted submissions and so I wrote the piece but never submitted it. Unfortunately the magazine couldn't stay afloat and closed up shop before I could ever submit it.

I'll be honest, it's more than a little riske, as the content is explicit and it is set in a paranormal circumstance.

I won't post it on this website, but if you really love erotica, I'll let you seek it out.

Have you been on Wattpad? Have you been on Smashwords? What's your take? Answer below!

No comments: